KCP is an affordable program.
One of the most crucial factors in your decision is the cost of study in Japan. While other Japanese language programs may cost between $12,000 and $17,000 per semester, the KCP program costs $7,000 or less—about half the cost! Academic credit and financial aid may be available through our sponsor or affiliate universities. You should be able to apply federal and state financial aid to this program.
Students commend our program as both an excellent value and an effective learning experience.
Our goal is to make study in Japan possible for you.
|Courses only||Courses with Dormitory||Courses with Homestay|
|Summer Anime/ Manga 4-wk||$2,400||$3,850||N/A|
|Note: Prices subject to change without prior notice.|
Direct Enroll option includes:
- Tuition and fees
- Over 200 hours of language instruction
- Textbooks and supplementary material
- Pre-departure packet
- Detailed on-site orientation
- Course on Japanese Culture and Society
- Cultural activities and excursions (excluding some transportation costs)
- Minor medical insurance
Dormitory or Homestay options include all that plus:
- Pick-up at Narita Airport on your arrival date
- Lodging: your choice of dorm room or homestay (homestay includes breakfast and dinner)
- Transportation between lodging and school
- Travel to and from Japan (as well as some culture class transportation) is not included. Airfare varies depending on season of travel. Typically, round-trip fares between the U.S. and Japan run $1,000 to $1,500.
- Dormitory meals are not included in this cost but are available (breakfasts and dinners) for an additional fee: 55,000 Yen (semester) and 41,000 Yen (summer short term). Plan to pay this amount in Yen in your first week of the program.
- For all meals and personal expenses, you should budget $1,500 to $2,500 per semester.
- For extended or academic year terms, the homestay option is available for only the first semester.
Academic credit is available. Many colleges and universities will accept a KCP grade report as proof of studying abroad and grant credit towards your major or minor that way.
For a nominal fee, you may earn over one year of Japanese language credit each semester. This offers the opportunity to apply existing or new state and federal financial aid, makes it easier to transfer credit allowing you to possibly graduate earlier, and saves you money.
Utami-san and Tanaka-san are very helpful and always check up on us to make sure we are on task! I’m very grateful that there are English support services to help us with or questions and problems.